Website translationHome » Translation » Translation fields » Website translation
Website translation is a crucial step for any organisation that wants to extend its market and reach foreign customers. Successful website internationalisation depends to a large extent on translation quality.
Sites under construction:
Texts awaiting publication are generally in a basic editable format (.doc, .txt, .rtf). These will be translated and delivered in their original format. They will be integrated by your webmaster.
Source code and dynamic sites:
For static sites, we create the translation directly in the source code (html). This way, the new version can go online immediately.
For dynamic sites that rely on script languages with content saved in a database, we work either:
- in the source code (xml, asp, php) for language files containing “variable name”/“Character string” type tables.
- in the database in csv or xml format.
Content Management System (CMS):
If you have an administration interface to manage your site content, we directly integrate the translated texts from your back office.
Please note: back office translation has certain drawbacks (longer dead- lines, difficulty in counting word repetitions and using CAT tools).
When translating your graphic elements (images, flash movies, banners) in jpg, gif, png, Flash, Illustrator or Photoshop formats:
- either we can translate readable texts only. The translated texts are deli- vered to you in an Excel file and you create the foreign language media.
- or, in addition to the translation, you let us create the foreign language media by providing us with the source files (psd, ai, fla).
A propos de notre agence de traduction
- Atenao chosen for the translation of Cinéstyle Magazine
- Agri-food website translation
- French to English translation of 2 new scientific magazines